I am extremely excited! Thank You so much Chris van Heerden for my first ever Liebster Award nomination! It is fantastic! I have never heard of this award and think it is a fantastic idea.
Go have a look at http://cvheerden.wordpress.com/2013/04/17/award-season-liebster-award-2/. She is a dynamic, inspiring, well-traveled mom, author, therapist and teacher.
As per the instructions, I have copied the rules and pasted them below. The Liebster Award is exciting and different because it brings recognition to the smaller blogs, that being blogs with less than 200 followers.
OK, here are the rules:
1. Thank the Liebster Blog presenter who nominated you and link back to their blog.
2. Post 11 facts about yourself, answer the 11 questions you were asked and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Nominate 11 blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
4. Display the Liebster Award logo.
5. No tag backs.
So here goes!
Eleven Facts about me:
1. I love writing and would love to turn this passion into a career at some point. In school I did very well with writing, but didn’t pay enough attention to it and it has now taken me close to 15 years to realize that it is actually what I want to do with my life.. I really wish I had discovered this earlier.
2. I am the proud mother of a 10 year old boy. Luke is a gentle soul and the centre of my universe.
3. I love to sing, but couldn’t do it to save my life!
4. I hate injustice and negativity.
5. Coffee is my food! I can go for days without eating, but not 2 hours without a good cup of Java!
6. I want to run a half marathon, ride the Cape Argus, sky-dive and bungee.
7. In 2010 I went barefoot for 30 days as a pledge to the Barefoot against Poverty Campaign and was interviewed on radio about this.
8. I have never flown and it is probably the No 1 thing on my all time Bucket List.
9. I must have some Spanish blood in me. I simply love everything and anything Spanish and would one day love to live in a remote village somewhere in Spain, writing my days away.
10. I am a HUGE Sharks rugby fan!
11. I firmly believe in The Secret. The Law of Attraction simply makes sense and I try to make it work for me as far as possible.
The 11 questions I was asked:
1. If things had gone differently, where would you be?
I don’t know. Every decision, every action brings us to where we are today. I don’t spend time thinking about what could have been. It is a waste of energy. I rather focus on what I want and what I need to do to get there.
2. Do you recall one defining moment in your childhood and what was it?
My parents divorce when I was 5. I had to grow up fast. I don’t regret this though, it has all helped to make me who I am today.
3. What did you want to be when you grew up and what are you now?
I wanted to be a lawyer, Human Rights to be specific. Today I am a wine merchant and part time writer.
4. What was that one promise you made to yourself that you still strive to achieve?
I will never again compromise my integrity or moral values to satisfy the needs of another, even if I love them.
5. Are you happy?
A loaded question. I am miles from where I want to be, but every day is a step closer. I make a point of finding happiness in every day.
6. What’s on top of your bucket list this year?
I will have something published in print this year.
7. Who is your bestest family member?
Apart from the son, who my life revolves around, my mother. She is simply my best friend and I can’t think what my life would be without her.
8. What sport are you into?
Walking, running, cycling.
9. What time do you go to bed?
Whenever I feel like it. Sometimes it’s as early as 8PM, sometimes as late as 2AM.
10. What is the last thing you do before going to bed?
Pray to say thanks for all the blessings I have.
11. When last did you take a leap of faith in something or someone?
In 2011 when I decided that it was time to start looking at what is important to me.
I would like to nominate the following blogs, and post the same questions to them:
Have fun and thanks to all of you for making me laugh, cry and think!