South Africa, the country of my birth. The only country, in fact, I have ever known. I have always been proudly South African; I love this place, truly, deeply and passionately. Sure it has it's problems, but then again, as does all countries, hey? Our land is filled with a multitude of races, religions, cultures … Continue reading On being hugged by a black guy
Draft a post with three parts, each unrelated to the another, but create a common thread between them by including the same item — an object, a symbol, a place — in each part. Not sure about this one. I had to think and rethink. It was quite challenging, as I kept linking the three … Continue reading A common thread – flash fiction
Image obtained from http://www.empowernetwork.com/someshdeswardt/blog/say-no-to-monsanto/ I have in the recent days wished that I never discovered GMO's. For years I lived unawares, as so many other consumers does. Since I have became aware of GMO's, however, it has been like the opening of Pandora's box. The realization that GMO's are part of our lives every single day … Continue reading The GMO Test – how much does it effect me?
There’s a tedious but necessary final step before hitting “publish”: proofreading. If you’re anything like me, proofreading is the antithesis of writing, cruelly shunting you from an intuitive, creative flow to the much-less-fulfilling world of misplaced commas and accidental their/there/they’re confusion.
Still, it’s gotta be done; an error dulls the shine from the most sparkling prose, and even personal, stream-of-consciousness posts benefit from good copyediting. Try these three steps to become your own best editor:
View original post 389 more words
So glad to be a Happster! Here are some thoughts on happiness to take you through this day!
I hope you’re having an awesome day! I decided to pull together my favorite happiness quotes for this post. It was hard to choose just 20! Enjoy 🙂
1. “When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.” – Helen Keller
2. “Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
3. “Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind.” – Henry James
4. “Success is not the key to happiness; happiness is the key to success.” – Albert Zweiter
5. “Happiness is the secret to all beauty. There is no beauty without happiness.” – Christian Dior
6. “If you aren’t happy…
View original post 306 more words