I am one of those “freaks” who really would not mind going back to school. The other day we tried to explain the concept to Luke:
When you are in school, you wake up, get dressed (in the clothes already set out for you), eat breakfast in bed, brush your teeth and hair and go to school. Once there, you spend time with your friends, get two breaks in which you get to eat the lunch, which was packed for you. O yes, you need to apply your brain for about 6 hours of that time too. You go home and spend, at most, 2 hours on homework and then you get to play until dinner is set out for you before you are taken to bed and tucked in with a story. Add to that the fact that you get no less than four holidays per year! Bliss!
For some odd reason, he just can’t seem to grasp the concept. Hey, we were all there once, right?
Heck, I would go back to school any day! What subject would I master?
For starters, I would look at final year as exactly that: my final year to put in my best effort, to study like there is no tomorrow and achieve the best possible marks.
I would definitely want to revisit Grade 7 and opt to continue with History as an elected subject. If I knew then what I know now, Mr Joubert with his yellow mustache and teeth and his liking for spanking girls (yes, corporal punishment was still allowed) and Boutros Boutros Ghali, would not have deterred me and I would have carried on with History. I regret not having pursued it, as there is so much about history that I simply don’t know. Silly old perv completely turned me off history and I missed out!
Thank goodness for Google and Wikipedia! Now I get to learn all I want about the subject, without a smelly perv staring over my shoulder!
What other bloggers would want to master:
- Daily Prompt: Back to School | Under the Monkey Tree
- Daily Prompt: Back to School | Black and White Heart
- Photography | Daily Prompt: Back to School | Being a Huntress
- Daily Prompt: Back to School | Life is great
- Potions, Anyone? | windandlaughter
- Back to School | Geek Ergo Sum
- If I am back to school…. | Books, Music and Movies : my best friends
- Back to School | The Coffee Darling
- Science Journalism, yay! | Sincerely, Ms. Roberts
- Daily Prompt: Back To School | suzie81’s Blog
- Daily Prompt: Back to School | I Read Encyclopedias for Fun
- Daily Prompt: Back to School | Retired2Travel
- Sincerely, Your Bitch for Life | My Beautiful Breakdown
- Master Mind [Daily Prompt: Back to School] | unknowinglee
- What I Would Master | dreamingforme