Phew, this year has gone by so quickly and looking back, it’s been one huge roller coaster of a ride!
January started with a bang and the festivities of December was carried over when we attended Kalahari Karoo Blues and the Solms Delta Taste and Tweet at the Baxter Theatre.
February started with the sickening rape and murder of Anene Booysen and Valentine’s Day brought the shock of Oscar Pistorius having (allegedly) (purposefully) murdered his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp. The trial commences in August and we will get a better picture then. Luckily the month ended on a high note with tickets to see Robin Sharma at the Cape Town International Convention Centre.
March means harvest time in the Cape and we attended the Ormonde Harvest Day in Darling and were spoiled rotten!
April brought on Bloggers Awards Season and there were loads of that going around! I read Insanity by Charles Bronson and Boston Marathon bombings shocked the entire world.
May was meltdown month for me. Luke’s problems at school escalated to the point where I could take no more. I learned about GMO’s for the first time and were shocked to the core at the junk we are fed, camouflaged as food! We attended the March against Monsanto at as well as the Good Food and Wine Show. The month ended on a realization about my status of being proudly South African and I decided to start learning Xhosa.
June was an eye-opener month. I took up Xhosa and was able to communicate with Chippa in his mother tongue. It turned the tables and I left him crying! I discovered the wonder of seven point five and the secrets in my blood and immediately started Luke on Mindset tablets. We started attending The Bay Christian Family Church with Dr Allan and Pastor Janine Bagg. I recommitted my life to God and made a couple of fantastic friends. God immediately started working wonders in our lives and the changes have been miraculous!
July saw tremendous personal growth for Jacques, Luke and myself. God provided in ways which we never could have imagined. Luke is focused and continues to blossom in school thanks to Mindset. I had my best sales month of the year. I have faced some emotional giants and put them to ground and we continue to grow as a couple and as a family. There was a change of ownership at my work, which I am very happy about and things are looking up on all fronts!
For the first time in ages, I can say that we are really looking forward to the rest of the year.
Other bloggers’ year in retrospect:
- Beasties, B****cks and Bullshit Detectors! State of My Year! | alienorajt
- Now. | suzie81’s Blog
- State of Geek Ergo Sum address | Geek Ergo Sum
- The Tri-State Area | Daily Prompt: State of Your Year | likereadingontrains
- Daily Prompt: State of Your Year | Vagabond
- 2013: State of My Year – So Far | Love. Life.
- This is MY Year | Daily Prompt: State of Your Year | Being a Huntress
- Chaos, panic and disorder | Echoes and Whispers
- Respectless the respectful way | Le Drake Noir
- Daily Prompt: State of Your Year | George and Nigel
- Aprons and kerchiefs and brooms, oh my! | Relax…
- DP: Now | Books, Music and Movies : my best friends
- The State of Me is Better Than the State of You-Know-What | The Jittery Goat
- Daily Prompt: State of Your Year ~ NOW In the Campo | In Da Campo
- Daily Prompt: State of Your Year « Mama Bear Musings